Sneak-Peek Rendering of the 2014 Escalade
Posted On: 1/8/2013 1:44PM
SuzyBruisy

If you're not a rapper, you can't be blamed for not knowing this, but Cadillac's Escalade is poised to get a major facelift for the 2014 model year. Carscoop has put together this rendering based on spyshots of various concepts and test cars that have been seen tooling around, and has the rundown on what changes we can expect with the refresh. See the full story here.

1/8/2013 2:02 PM

I like it, the big grille makes it look more aggressive. I would still take a Tahoe or Suburban over an Escalade though.

Avatar By: cbielat
1/8/2013 2:41 PM

Looks like a beefed up GMC Terrain.

Avatar By: M45lover
1/8/2013 4:55 PM

The new Range Rover is beautiful SUV, makes this one look like shit.

Avatar By: JoeCool6972
1/8/2013 6:54 PM

What is the deal with the headlights going up over the hood on newer cars?

1/8/2013 8:05 PM

M45 - But it isn't as big and you pay $25,000 more for the Rover, even more if you get the supercharged version. I'm not for luxury, but I would take the Cadi over any Land Rover too be honest. Mainly since it's more than just a few thousand cheaper.

Avatar By: 74Furyous
1/9/2013 4:25 AM

It will just be new sheet metal over the same old mechanicals. GM needs some new, young blood, engineers.

Avatar By: RIP-Pontiac-2009
1/9/2013 6:08 AM

a worthy successor.

Avatar By: RIP-Pontiac-2009
1/9/2013 6:10 AM

I feel like I love everything about the new Rangerover except the styling, it looks like the old one that someone added some doodads and grills to. The last one looks better and more restrained with less pep boys props.

Avatar By: flash_169
1/9/2013 9:58 AM

^the new range rover is 700 pounds lighter and you could get it with 510 hp

1/9/2013 10:15 AM

^ Last I checked big SUVs aren't meant for speed, but for everyday use. Plus with the money saved on this Cadi you could have it beat the Range Rover in whatever you try. The Land Rover might do better off-road, but seriously how often do you see either one off-road other than a dirt road. Also that 510 HP version is supercharged, plus it's the TQ that helps pull the weight, the HP is what keeps it going after it's up to speed. Also TQ is what helps tow or go off-road.

Avatar By: flash_169
1/9/2013 12:42 PM

well i see them off-road every weekend not that i will do it myself but i must say the money you're paying is for luxury if you wanted performance you wouldn't buy a range rover or an escalade

Avatar By: M45lover
1/9/2013 2:13 PM

Sure the RR cost more, and rightfully so. It's not a dressed up Tahoe like the caddy is. The RR is just as big as the Escalade while being much more luxurious and offering the capabilities to tread the most horrible surfaces. Only rappers and chumps buy escalades, you are a sucker who paid 20 grand more for a caddy badge on a Tahoe might as well save your money and be get the Tahoe which can be just as luxurious and good looking in their top trim.

1/9/2013 2:44 PM

M45 - You don't think I know an Escalade is just a Tahoe with different body panels? Hell I could put a whole Escalade front clip on my truck and it would fit perfect with adjustments like any other body panel. Which is why even if I liked luxury I would still get a Suburban or Tahoe. Which means that's about 50,000 less than a Range Rover which isn't better than the other, other than luxury.

1/9/2013 2:48 PM

flash - The reason I mentioned performance is because the 2 things you mentioned about the Range Rover are performance specs. You would only care for performance if you thought about an SUV's weight and HP. By the way, I know some Land Rovers are taken off-road, but off-road to me isn't just dirt trails which is where I see them. So it's nothing special. The only thing a Land Rover has (or at least used to) was speed control doing down a hill without using the brake, but that's just an added thing that you don't actually need since you can do yourself. I would rather my own foot control the brake than rely on the SUV.

Avatar By: trill77monte
1/9/2013 2:57 PM

Im a fan of escalade's but to me it kinda looks like a swollen minivan...im not impressed if it comes out lookin like this.

Avatar By: flash_169
1/9/2013 3:20 PM

yep those were the changes from the older model that i was mentioning and not a comparison and about the off-roading i'm mentioning is huge sand dunes

Avatar By: M45lover
1/9/2013 6:35 PM

Actually yes, it is better than a tahoe or escalde and not in terms of just luxury. It does everything better. For the average joe family that just needs a nice people hauler the tahoe is great does everything perfect. For those who want and must have a world class SUV and not just a pretender like a Escalade, the RR is really the only choice you have in the large high scale Suv market.

1/10/2013 7:48 PM

I know Land Rovers are quality SUVs, the whole lineup, but my point was really that I can't justify paying twice as much on a Range Rover. I'm not one to care for luxury, but Range Rovers are just too much for an SUV in my opinion. If I want an SUV made for performance from the factory I'd just get a Cherokee SRT8, AWD and 470 HP naturally aspirated. Sure it's not luxury, but it's also $40,000 cheaper than the supercharged Range Rover. And about the off road capability, sure it's better than most SUVs when it comes to off-road, but you rarely see them. With sand dunes I've seen stock trucks and SUVs run around on them. I'm not talking down about Range Rovers or any other Land Rover, I just can't justify paying what they ask for. Now if you can get a used one for a good price and not that old then it's not that bad since you're paying after the value drop.

Avatar By: flash_169
1/10/2013 8:45 PM

i think your choice of a cherokee srt8 is a good one for the money your paying but if money is not an issue my most preferable luxury suv will be a g65 amg just take look at that interior http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mercedes/2013-mercedes-g65-amg-ar122160.html

Avatar By: albania_fier
1/11/2013 5:29 PM

Both CLS lover and Chevy guy make great points but by no means does a range look better than a escalade and or a suburban or Denali EVER although they have their own distinctive look and as nice as it is you still won't get the image that you get in an escalade and cruising on our roads in the middle of traffic the luxury is all the fucken same, I'd rather drive a dressed up Tahoe or suburban than an SUV version of a 7-series

Avatar By: Katakuna
1/11/2013 10:38 PM

I'm diggin' it, but I could do without the Ford Flex on stilts side profile. :/

Avatar By: DSNCB919
1/14/2013 9:00 PM

M45 lover how ignorant can you be to call the RR "more luxurious " when you know nothing about the escalade except this drawing..? Have you been doing any reading about the 2014 escalade? Ill answer that for you no.. because unless your just anti American you would know that the interior is due to be upscaled by large margins