C7 Corvette: The Latest
Posted On: 12/6/2012 11:22AM
SuzyBruisy

Check out the latest renderings of the next-generation 'Vette from Car & Driver. I think the rear is its best side: you can really see a lot of Camaro influence around the taillights. The front just looks kind of blah and probe-like, but I guess Corvettes have looked that way for at least the last two generations. I think Viper did a much better job with styling up front. The new Corvette will get a lot of aluminum and carbon fiber over the ongoing model, as well as direct injection: a first for its iconic pushrod V8, now called the LT1. The base Corvette will now make at least 450 hp and 450 lb-ft of torque. More pics below the jump, via Car & Driver. And stay tuned for the C7's big reveal at the Detroit Auto Show in January!

Avatar By: kerrocacha
12/6/2012 11:37 AM

It looks as if a Ferrari, a Camaro, and a GTR had a kid together..

Avatar By: RIP-Pontiac-2009
12/6/2012 12:01 PM

Ya but a similarity can be seen in most sports cars now a days, there all kind of variations of each other.

Avatar By: Mbeezy3405
12/6/2012 12:15 PM

good thing its just a rendering. one thing i will be dissapointed with is the camaro style rear.

12/6/2012 12:48 PM

Bring back the C5. Those cars were gorgeous.

Avatar By: MSU Dawg
12/6/2012 1:20 PM

Man that thing is gorgeous. I can't wait for it to come out. It would be nice if it looked like the renderings above. The only thing I don't care for is the rear end. It messes up the smooth look of the car. But besides that, i want a C6 anyway and I can't wait for those prices to drop.

Avatar By: squirrelmaster74
12/6/2012 1:25 PM

If you compare that front 3/4 view with this view of a Ferrari 599 it's crazy how similar they look. http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezflow_site/storage_RT_NEW/storage/images/tests/car/2007-ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano-f1/392598-15-eng-US/2007-ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano-f1.jpg

Avatar By: 8-TRES
12/6/2012 2:16 PM

Too Camaro like in that first pic. It's cool. I actually like the current model that is out now better. In all honestly, I'd drive it like I stole it!!!

Avatar By: ThatDudeZach
12/6/2012 2:21 PM

the camaro like rear is killing me, the rest could grow on me. the c6 style is the best looking in my opinion, i think they should have just made small changes to that

Avatar By: TasakiDog
12/6/2012 3:08 PM

The front looks like a ferrari and lotus mix, the back just looks like complete crap. leave those stupid tail lights on the malibu and come up with something better

Avatar By: FLDude
12/6/2012 4:00 PM

The front 3/4 view looks much like a 599 GTB. That's not a bad benchmark. The rear quarters are too high in this rendering. It looks bad ass though. Looking forward to seeing the real thing.

Avatar By: 74Furyous
12/6/2012 4:05 PM

Corvettes gotta have 4 round taillights.

Avatar By: callediceman
12/6/2012 7:17 PM

the camaro rear is horrible.. the rest VEEEEEEERRRRYYYY NICE

12/6/2012 8:36 PM

I usually don't like when a company designs a similar look to another car, but this actually works. Front looks Ferrari, side vents look like GTR and rear looks like a Vette with 5th Gen Camaro taillights. Only thing they should change is the side vents, should keep what they have on the C6s. GM seems to amaze me with the Vettes all the time. When you think it couldn't get any better they come out with a better Gen.

Avatar By: gold94corolla
12/6/2012 8:55 PM

The rear just looks out of place, the rest is all flowing and curvy, then the back looks smashed in.

Avatar By: M45lover
12/6/2012 9:31 PM

Thank god it's just a rendering. The Ferrari front end influence isn't bad though. Rear end is horrible.

Avatar By: RIP-Pontiac-2009
12/7/2012 5:55 AM

Well one things for sure it seems like the next Corvette will be Polarizing.

Avatar By: Comrick317
12/7/2012 10:51 PM

Nice Ferrari.............. um ............. Vette.

Avatar By: zerosports
12/8/2012 3:17 PM

I'll take mine in Blue or Black, and get used to the rear of it cause that's all most people are gonna get to see! I love where this is headed and I really didn't think they could do any better than what they already have, which is pretty damn good......

Avatar By: rpula2
12/9/2012 9:53 AM

Mint* The back doesn't bother me. I personally like the camaro style rear. Not to mention it is a chevy... 5 *!

Avatar By: mrjasonlyrics
12/9/2012 6:37 PM

I think the designers was looking at other models and came up with this. It just looks too much like other models