Burt Reynolds' Personal Bandit Trans Am on eBay
Posted On: 12/4/2012 2:39PM
SuzyBruisy

A '77 Trans Am claiming to be Burt Reynolds' own ride from his Smokey and the Bandit days has shown up on eBay. It's even still got the actor's name on the title. For a purported 12,000 original miles, it's looking a little worse for wear, and there've been some questions about its originality that are getting the seller a bit flustered. Check out the auction!

Avatar By: 74Furyous
12/4/2012 3:58 PM

I don't believe him. And that is not a 12,000 mile car. I wouldn't be surprised if this guys bank account was in Ghana.

Avatar By: retroman
12/4/2012 4:40 PM

Well if you can authenticate the signature on the title, then he might be telling the truth. Certainly, if he has nothing to hide, then he would welcome any buyer checking on the history. Otherwise, for all we know, it could have belonged to Burt Reynolds the Pizza Delivery guy...

12/4/2012 6:06 PM

What I find weird is that he says it's in storage and hard to get to so he won't show it to anybody in person. There's no way I would buy any car for any price unless I could see it in person first. I guess that's why I wouldn't buy a vehicle off the internet unless it's near me.

Avatar By: 74Furyous
12/4/2012 6:49 PM

check out http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/04/burt-reynolds-own-bandit-trans-am-to-be-auction-in-may/ There are alot of differences between the two and if I had to believe one of them, I'd believe an auction house first.

Avatar By: BIG_CIVIC
12/4/2012 6:53 PM

Looks like the auction has been pulled already.

Avatar By: BIG_CIVIC
12/4/2012 7:10 PM

And authentic or not that car has definately seen more than 12,000 miles. My own car which I've had for 11 years and has done over 180,000km looks in much, much better condition than this. The engine room looks old, worn, rusty and dirty as hell and the interior is pretty shabby too, especially the steering wheel cover ("The stearing wheel has a leather wrap which Burt put on himself"). That looks like it has seen over 100,000 miles. If anyone is interested in this car then my advice is just walk away.

Avatar By: travelsinacab
12/4/2012 9:25 PM

I think this must be a 15 year old selling this car. Obviously agree with everyone - it looks like its been ridden harder than my cab. The fact it's hard to get to - and he refuses to show it to anyone is all the proof I would need to conclude it's a bunch of bullcrap. And it can't be driven - it's a sort of a show car...LOL.

Avatar By: timpalass
12/5/2012 7:20 AM

The auction is still up. The bid is actually at 35,000$. Someone believes this one is real.

Avatar By: 5henaniganz
12/5/2012 12:04 PM

that part of the description was HILARIOUS.

Avatar By: 5henaniganz
12/5/2012 12:04 PM

"I asked if the odometer had turned over and he said it had not; that whenever anything is altered, (meaning the carburetor) the DMV marks the title odometer reading as such. (If you have any info regarding this on the title, I'd like to know as I'm just trying to advise people solely based on what Burt told me.) I honestly don't believe the odometer has turned over."