New Ride Page Template on CarDomain
Posted On: 7/16/2012 3:55PM
66Mope

By now many of you may have noticed that we have a new ride page template. The new format allows you to build and update your ride page in a much more structured and intuitive way. We are still working out the kinks, but so far I'd say it looks and works pretty good. And yes, we brought back custom background colors and images! Check out the new features and some cool examples below the jump, and then build a new ride page today!

New features:

* Each post has its own comments so a conversation can be created around each piece of content.
* Individual posts can be shared with other social networks.
* Posts can be categorized and members can rate posts.
* Posts can be "pinned" to the top of the ride page.
* We removed the confusing WYSIWYG HTML editor in favor of a clean, easy to use post creation system. members can now select both photos and videos from their computer, their existing galleries or from a URL.
* Posts are very easy to customize with 23 different layout options and up to 10 pieces of media per post.
* Adopters of new ride page can utilize features from the CarDomain Mobile Application on Android mobile devices.
* Members can change the background color and background image for their ride page.

And some cool examples to check out:

PowerstrokeM715's Jeep Gladiator ride page

Kaka84's Ford Mustang ride page

SenorYuk's Pontiac Bonneville ride page

Johnny1000rr's BMW 2002 ride page

KwaziekellerII's Scion FR-S ride page

Avatar By: tazgts
7/16/2012 6:17 PM

Hopefully I can add pictures again, like the old format 2 years ago. I've only gotten errors or incompatablities ever since it updated.

7/16/2012 9:32 PM

I haven't had a problem uploading pictures. The only problem I've ever had with the site that I can remember were all of the ads, but that was fixed with the AdBlock add-on for the browser.

Avatar By: LN7_NUT
7/17/2012 3:22 AM

The new system makes uploading so much more reliable and easy!

Avatar By: D-Fens
7/17/2012 6:55 AM

I'm still trying to figure it out...

Avatar By: Jedirye
7/17/2012 9:35 AM

Don't like it. Everything looks jumbled and disconnected. No linear flow. I've got my garage setup where each area of the car has its own page.

Avatar By: edgehanger
7/17/2012 6:18 PM

How do you switch over to this new new page?

Avatar By: ghardy27
7/18/2012 3:10 PM

yeah how do you switch over??

Avatar By: Comrick317
7/18/2012 9:32 PM

It looks pretty good.

Avatar By: LJ____
7/18/2012 9:38 PM

This layout sucks. The old layout is so much better, stop trying to make everything like facebook.

Avatar By: Surfnut74
7/19/2012 3:22 PM

I STILL can't create a proper cardomain page because my car is not listed in the drop down menu of automobile makes. I have a factory-built Kelmark (not a kit car) and cardomain won't acknowledge that make. Can anyone please tell me how I can make a page for a 1979 Kelmark GT ?

Avatar By: snobrdrdans_ride
7/20/2012 10:42 PM

Uploading pictures is STILL a MAJOR fail The old way was soooo much better :(

Avatar By: Bugeyebug
11/20/2012 7:39 PM

I want the old cardomain back i dont enjoy adding my rides anymore please fix this :(

Avatar By: jennmanke
3/27/2013 12:15 AM

Bring back old cardomain layout

Avatar By: pr0zak8
4/14/2013 1:13 PM

anyone knows how to do a cronologie in the posts? i started where my build started but if you read it, it goes from last post to the start... like reading a book last page to first!

Avatar By: jmullen
8/17/2013 8:37 PM

Yeah haven't added or updated anything lately. But I did tonight. Added a car. They let me create 6 pages with the old setup. When you hit preview it pops up as it should. And it saves. But every time I go to view my public profile, it's a blank page that says create a new post. Anyone know how to put the old style page I made up for public viewing?