What If The Next Corvette Looked Like This: Would You Be Happy?
Posted On: 4/1/2011 8:08AM
SuzyBruisy

There's been quite a bit of anxiety about what the C7 Corvette will look like. Will Chevy's halo car go smaller, like it did from C5 to C6? Will it be a mid-engine car? Will they, God forbid, power it with something other than a V8? Maybe turbocharged?? Though various rumors have been addressed, mulled over and debunked, the tension remains palpable. But it seems to me that if the C7 came out looking like designer Ugur Sahin's new Soleil Anadi concept to be unveiled at the Top Marques show in Monaco, everyone would just stop freaking out. The Soleil is not a Corvette; it's a boutique-built sportscar based on the same designer's Z03 concept, which was itself a reimagining of the C6 Corvette that he did back in 2008. The Soleil will purportedly be brought to production, however, and built in very limited numbers. There's not a lot of detail but a lot of very sexy pics over at Serious Wheels. So I ask again: would you be happy? What do you think the next Corvette needs?

Avatar By: timpalass
4/1/2011 8:14 AM

Kinda looks like a Lotus. I like the handling of a Lotus but not the looks. So...NO.

4/1/2011 8:32 AM

I like that new concept for the most part except for the grille and fog light area in the bumper. You can't see the rear that good but from what I can see in the 2nd pic I don't think I'd like the rear all that much. I hope for the C7 they keep it a front engine V8 car, the front engine with the TQ Tube going to the transmission that's in the rear works fine in my opinion (I think it's the normal drivetrain setup for the base Corvette though, not sure about the Grand Sport).

Avatar By: ColdHeartedCoupe
4/1/2011 9:34 AM

looks like a maserati gt fucked a ferrari 360 modena and chevy adopted the baby... IM A FAN!!

Avatar By: kabirvdutt
4/1/2011 10:51 AM

Looks like a mix b\w a Lotus n a Corvette.....prefer da older look

4/1/2011 10:51 AM

I'd like to see the return of a more muscular-looking Vette like the C2. Screw this Euro stuff.

Avatar By: StreetsideStig
4/1/2011 11:18 AM

Heck yes.

Avatar By: topdown99
4/1/2011 11:27 AM

looks like a "whats old is new" design. similar to the Camaro in that it steals idea's from the older versions (in this case the C3 corvette fastback) and modernized them. Build it, power it with either a V8 or a dual TC V6, give it a real manual and optional auto with real paddle shifters (for those that need a car the "spouse" can drive) and I bet they would fly off the showroom floors.

4/1/2011 12:13 PM

a bazillion times better than that other concept floating around. That thing is hideous! I like this one.

Avatar By: hummrH2o
4/1/2011 12:17 PM

the front is awful looking. It just looks like they gave up when they got to designing that part. id be pissed

Avatar By: sam_sp
4/1/2011 1:09 PM

Why don't they go retro like the Camaro?

4/1/2011 1:33 PM

Yes it looks nice but it means it would get bloated like all other cars. They should just keep it small and maybe make it a mid engine car even if the fanboys go crying to mom. It would handle much better with an almost 50/50 weight distribution

Avatar By: fortyfordsedan
4/1/2011 3:14 PM

nes, it already is close to 50-50 weight distribution. Since the C 5 they have used a rear mounted trans-axle and that has helped them keep weight distribution near 50-50 since.

Avatar By: Apex Elite
4/1/2011 3:19 PM

This is not the next corvette. a corvette front-end will never look like that. and as far as the wight ballance comment. it has been almost perfect 50/50 sence 1997. oh yeah and the next vette will be slightly smaller and weigh alot less. it's not getting bigger or bloated.

Avatar By: boatdude13
4/1/2011 3:41 PM

topdown, this does not look like a C3. Those were the most gorgeous cars ever made. Also, Corvette had a concept that was turbo charged. I think it was late 70s early 80s and one showed up on ebay recently.

Avatar By: Marrda
4/1/2011 3:55 PM

to big of an ass, not low enough, and not square enough in the front....

Avatar By: JTC180
4/1/2011 3:57 PM

Not a fan.

Avatar By: albania_fier
4/1/2011 4:22 PM

ye i like it, and as for the rest of you dont worry if it comes out it will grow on you if you look at it long enough

Avatar By: nelli23
4/1/2011 6:15 PM

I like it! Its alot better looking than the one in transformers in my opinion!

Avatar By: digitalpins
4/1/2011 6:44 PM

I love it.....damn I would get one if it looked like that

Avatar By: HRM1982
4/1/2011 6:51 PM

back end is kinda weird. but other then that, its all good!

4/1/2011 6:56 PM

True forgot this model does have a near 50/50 but still a mid engine will give it better handling than an FR layout, and if they do that (which will not happen) maybe FORD might get jealous and bring the GT40 back.

4/1/2011 7:06 PM

nes - Even if Ford brings the GT40 back it's no way they'd have it as much of a production car as the Vette. But if they make it a mid-engine do you realize how many people would complain, waaaay more than the amount that would actually want it to be mid-engine. I'm not sure about the base Vette or the Grand Sport, but the Z06 and ZR1 have the transmission in the rear with a torque tube going between the 2, that's all it needs.

Avatar By: 90xjpunk
4/1/2011 7:08 PM

The front looks a lot like every new Lotus concept but it doesn't look bad at all. The "cockpit" is very similar to the c6. What the hell is going on with the tail lights? Anyone know of an actual rear pic??

4/1/2011 7:11 PM

Yeah I know it would never happen southerguy that's why I put it in parenthesis, but still you can't deny the fact that you would like to see a GT40 vs a mid-engine corvette.

4/1/2011 7:13 PM

Oh and yes the GT40 will never reach the mass production like the Corvette for different factors but I'm sure a limited run like the one they had going before could happen.

Avatar By: mefast
4/1/2011 7:28 PM

With some refinement and slight tweaking I think a design like this one could be practical of what the C7 will look like. I doubt the car will be much lighter than it is now because of all the required safety equipment they need to cram in. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an option for a turbo V6 similar to what Ford is doing with the F-150. I'd love to see a throwback design with the split rear windows, but I doubt that will never happen.

4/1/2011 8:26 PM

nes - I'm a Chevy guy and love the GT40, I think one of the things that did lack with the GT40 was the more production like I talk about. The only way they could is if they do like GM does with the Vette and have different trims of it where you can get a base cheaper model or the top of the line model.

Avatar By: oldsmobile1000
4/1/2011 8:40 PM

that roof line is wack the fenders are also wack.i say fuk this european shit.eaither go with a retro look ,or start from scratch again mr disigner guy.

Avatar By: Comrick317
4/2/2011 12:22 AM

Nope i don't like it, very unvette like to me.

Avatar By: notorious_freddy
4/2/2011 9:21 AM

noooooooo its ugly

Avatar By: 74Furyous
4/2/2011 3:47 PM

How about just some minor tweaking? The C6 is beautiful. These constant remakes just keeps the price too high. Let's see the tooling pay for itself first.

Avatar By: Riviera66AUST
4/2/2011 5:45 PM

Go back to 82 Retro...What ever happened to Stingray...looks like all the other Need for Speed .....

Avatar By: slprlesabre
4/2/2011 6:41 PM

"The rumors of a mid-engine Corvette are only rumors, and will never become a reality." I've been to a couple internship information sessions for GM and that was how they opened their speech. lol Apparently that question has been asked a few too many times.

Avatar By: slprlesabre
4/2/2011 6:42 PM

Avatar By: ThatDudeZach
4/2/2011 9:00 PM

no way jose

Avatar By: retroman
4/3/2011 5:46 AM

Overall, I like it, although I don't see any evidence of the Vettes trademark 4 circular taillights. As for the GT40, Ford did bring it back in 2002 and produced it through '06 as the Ford GT, so what are you talking about? Not trying to be a smart alec, but you may have to wait another 40 years before the Blue Oval gets the itch to stomp Ferrari again...

Avatar By: ghardy27
4/3/2011 9:34 AM

not so much...i dont like the front where the fogs are...

Avatar By: ghardy27
4/3/2011 9:36 AM

soleil is ''sun'' in french.... WORST NAME EVER!!!!!!! sounds sooooo fag!!!!

Avatar By: 2digits
4/3/2011 10:54 AM

Me Like

Avatar By: 4Wheelin_Forever
4/4/2011 6:54 AM

bring back the 70 stingray style without the bullshiy futuristic upgrades and equip it them all with ZR1 drivetrain

Avatar By: Teagro
4/4/2011 2:56 PM

I like this design even tho I'm not a corvette fan being that I'm not having a mid-life crises or anything and for the money there are more stout performers out their

Avatar By: SuperSilvi
4/5/2011 7:03 PM

The rear ends a little too high plus you wouldnt be able to see out the rear which is one of the main points of the corvette Road placement 50/50 disturbution. if they gave it the rear end of the c6 and the front grill of the zr1 i would be sold.