Favorite Super Bowl Car Commercials
Posted On: 2/7/2011 8:57AM
HotRodHoney

Admittedly I'm not all that into football, but one of the only reasons I can sit through the Super Bowl is because I look forward to the commercials, especially those of the automotive persuasion. See some of my favorites after the jump!

This year the best car commercial this year in my opinion was Chrysler's commercial featuring Eminem building up the pride for the Motor City, but I must say I would not ever have pictured him driving something so Sebring-like.

Still, very well done, commercial.  I thought a few of the Chevy commercials were pretty good too, I loved the Lassie spoof.

I absolutely loved the VW commercials.  The Darth Vader kid was too cute, but how clever was the Beetle with racing stripes?

The Hyundai commercials just made me uncomfortable not to mention they were making fun of exactly what they were selling.  The KIA one just isn't as cool after those infamous hamsters (not to mention I can't imagine such excitement because everyone wants of all things, an Optima.  Aliens, time travel, etc I would more likely imagine a Soul going there.

Finally to top it off, I was finally able to say something I would never have thought I'd be able to say, "OMG! My car is on TV!"....even if she was apparently stolen by Chimps...

These were the commercials that really stood out to me.  What about you?  What was your favorite car commercial during the Superbowl this year?

2/7/2011 9:22 AM

Yeah, the Chrysler ad was awesome. I think they probably would have used the new 300 if it wasn't built in Canada. The new 200 is built in Sterling Heights, Michigan.

Avatar By: 90xjpunk
2/7/2011 9:46 AM

Man SB commercials SUCKED this year! Few good ones, but overall, mostly car commercials that I would expect to see throughout the year. Not SB worthy.

2/7/2011 10:46 AM

My favorite was probably the Chevy Silverado one. Seemed cheesy as first but turned out to be kinda funny. I could care less about the Super Bowl commercials anyway, I watch the Super Bowl for the game itself and not for the commercials.

Avatar By: kjm20
2/7/2011 12:11 PM

VW Darth Vader was at the top for me.

Avatar By: PIMP-666
2/7/2011 12:48 PM

The BMW commercials were the absolute best.

Avatar By: Tybaseball8
2/7/2011 3:00 PM

i liked the audi one where the rich people were in jail and escaping..thought it was a lil funny.

Avatar By: SierraPower
2/7/2011 3:40 PM

I was not all too thrilled with the Chrysler commercial except for the fact that Eminem was in it and like you said would not have pictured him in that car!

Avatar By: V6CHVET
2/7/2011 5:28 PM

FUCK Japan, keep it in AMERICA, keep it in DETROIT. You don't like it, get out of my country. DETROIT IS THE MOTOR CITY.

2/7/2011 5:37 PM

I didn't like a single one. The VW with Darth Vader almost made me like it but I hate that all of a sudden being a star wars "nerd" is cool now and everyone wants a piece of the action.

Avatar By: albania_fier
2/7/2011 7:13 PM

as usual ignorance is present in the comments lobby..typical, i liked all the commercials!!! ive seen chryslers fresh mand upcoming lineup, and i cant lie i love almost all of em!!

Avatar By: atomicalex
2/8/2011 12:41 AM

I'm from Detroit. I love the Chrysler ad! Even if it was only targeted at us, the denizens of the city, it was still worth every penny. I did like the VW ads, and the Cruze ads were generally quite funny.