Darwin Award Candidates Blow Up Van, Selves in Fuel-Delivery Fail
Posted On: 1/21/2011 8:07AM
SuzyBruisy

Two men and a woman blew the roof off their nice Dodge camper van and set themselves on fire by trying to drive while pouring raw fuel into the carb using a water bottle and an open bucket. The van was having a hard time staying running, and the geniuses decided the best course of action would be to remove the engine cover in the passenger compartment and feed gas directly to the motor while it was running. Meanwhile, gas fumes were building up dangerously inside the vehicle, and after it stalled and they tried to restart it, they were all blown into the middle of next week. Now listen, I realize that burning would suck terribly, so I guess it'd be nice to try to refrain from making fun of the victims. But this is a circumstance which, as a friend of mine observed about that psycho who went and stabbed a bunch of people for making fun of his farting, "robs the tragedy of about 99% of the gravity a killing spree deserves." As the van, by now a towering inferno, began rolling backwards, the flaming woman jumped out the back and got her leg run over, while the men, also ablaze, went flailing and screaming in the direction of the nearest... wait for it... gas station. Full story at Komo News, updated at Seattle Times.

Avatar By: Hendogg26
1/21/2011 8:39 AM

Just kaz you play Gran Turismo and Grand Theft Auto and Need For Speed on X-box don't mean you can do this in real life. Here's your Sign!!!

Avatar By: BryantandSMTC
1/21/2011 9:28 AM

Oh My God. How Strange Got Exploding The Van. We Never Seen On The News.

Avatar By: carsick30
1/21/2011 9:50 AM

confirming conversion van stereotypes everywhere

Avatar By: TorqueAddict9
1/21/2011 11:22 AM

haha

Avatar By: Katakuna
1/21/2011 11:27 AM

Were they sure it was a water bottle? It could've been Mountain Dew for all those dipshits knew.

Avatar By: Deadeyemagnum
1/21/2011 12:50 PM

I read the Komos news article and it said the incident happened in the town of Bellevue. Wasn't there a well known mental hospital by that name? Sure would explain a lot.

Avatar By: steele_grey_jake
1/21/2011 1:36 PM

man! i already saw this. Breaking Bad Season 1 1st episode

Avatar By: Bick66
1/21/2011 1:47 PM

I saw this on the news the other day. Every time I start to forget how many idiots there are, someone goes and does something like this and I remember all over again.

Avatar By: JTC180
1/21/2011 2:15 PM

Pouring fuel into the carb with a water bottle, sounds fun.

Avatar By: Mbeezy3405
1/21/2011 4:11 PM

I bet they would do it again if they get the chance.

Avatar By: Shmak1982
1/21/2011 8:38 PM

Funny thing is that if you go to the news article and read it the statement from the woman said they were having trouble keeping their Ford Econoline running even though it's clearly a Dodge.

Avatar By: chevyman327nova
1/21/2011 8:42 PM

well that was dumb and if you read the full story they said it was a ford econoline and it is clearly a dodge ram van!

Avatar By: GTwildfire
1/21/2011 10:21 PM

I'm very sorry but I lost it when I read they ran for the gas station.

Avatar By: mazmac24
1/31/2011 1:31 PM

insurance money ka-ching ka-ching!