How To Get Free Oil Change Reminder Stickers
Posted On: 12/13/2010 12:01PM
jamessanders

How cool would it be to get oil change reminder stickers for us DIYers, as if we had our oil changed at a shop? Over on BITOG, there’s a big thread on how you can simply e-mail an oil company and get free oil change reminder stickers. They had luck with Mobil 1 at the time. I decided to try this for myself. I usually use Pennzoil and Valvoline, so I e-mailed both companies. I e-mailed Valvoline through their Contact Us form on their website. Pennzoil has a special e-mail address set up for oil change stickers, so I sent one there too.

Fast forward about a week, and I got a letter from Ashland. Inside were 24 Valvoline oil change stickers. Give it a try with your favourite oil company. Mobil 1, Valvoline, and Royal Purple are now confirmed at BITOG to be sending out stickers to anyone who writes to them! Unfortunately, it's been about a month and I haven't heard back from Pennzoil. Oh well.

12/13/2010 12:45 PM

I just have a notepad I write down the rough mileage everytime I change my oil (always done myself). Plus since I have a high windshield being a full size truck I wouldn't notice the oil change sticker in the corner, hell I wouldn't notice the old inspection stickers unless I was getting into the truck after walking around the front first.

12/13/2010 12:57 PM

That's awesome! I can represent Valvoline now!

Avatar By: 2slo2drag
12/13/2010 3:16 PM

Sweet. Me wants some.

Avatar By: EatsRiceZ28
12/13/2010 3:42 PM

You know you can just go to Advance and take as many as you want that they have hanging by the Oil wall.

Avatar By: machex3
12/13/2010 3:58 PM

I just go to pep-boys, they give them to me every time i buy my oil and filter.

12/13/2010 6:32 PM

If it's so important to remember why not set an event alarm for every 3 months or whatever on your phone?

Avatar By: jamessanders
12/13/2010 6:33 PM

EatsRice/machex3: All the places i've seen here in Canada don't give out stickers. Local auto parts stores, NAPA, Canadian Tire don't give them out. I've seen some generic ones at my local Lordco Auto Parts (an auto parts chain here in BC), but you have to buy them. Free is free.

12/13/2010 9:54 PM

AW SHIT. Event alarm! lol hell yeah! I never go by every three months though, I just do mileage. I usually beat the time anyways.

Avatar By: Reekesh
12/14/2010 11:21 AM

Nice one :) Pretty cool

Avatar By: SierraPower
12/14/2010 1:40 PM

Thats sweet! I think Im gonna do it just to do it!! haha

Avatar By: zach09000
12/20/2010 12:19 AM

go to any O'reilly auto parts and u can get them free. The store i work for will give them to you for no reason at all. you don't have to buy oil or even make a purchase.